The Greater Boston Impact Fellowship
Now Accepting Nominations and Applications Here
We are seeking outstanding candidates for the 2017 Greater Boston Impact Fellowship, taking place in our Fall 2017 Semester session.
August 27- December 29 2017
Application deadline: April 7, 2017
Residents of the Greater Boston area that are entering their sophomore or junior year of high school at time of travel are invited to apply.
The fellowship includes:
- AMHSI Tuition*
- Weekly leadership training with the CEO and staff
- Workshops that teach tangible work/life skills and regular creative assignments to foster them
Upon returning, Fellows will apply their new skills and promote AMHSI-JNF programs such as:
- Public speaking at local events
- Serve as a liaison to media
- Raise $650 through JNF’s Plant Your Wayto Israel program
- The application process will include an in-person interview.
- International airfare to/from Israel is not included in the fellowship award.
- All applicants will be expected to publicize their experience through AMHSI and JNF’s various social media platforms both during and after the Program.
Questions? Contact us:
- For more information, contact Dana Gerbie Klein at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617.438.8775
About the Sponsor
The Greater Boston Impact Fund is newly created with seed funding as a bequest from the Estate of Dorothy Wolf Linowes of Scarsdale, NY and Washington, DC. Dorothy, along with her husband David F. Linowes, actively engaged with and supported nearly a half-dozen synagogues and all the key Jewish organizations in both DC and NY throughout their 90+ year lifetimes. Dorothy’s sustained focus was to build lifelong Jewish identity, love of Jewish community, and commitment to Jewish causes. She believed in the mission and the integrity of JNF. Through the AMHSI program, Dorothy’s lifetime commitment continues to grow as New England (Boston) youth strengthen their Jewish identity while developing a deep-rooted connection to the Jewish people and to Israel. Because two of her children and eight of her grandchildren are from New England, Boston was selected as the site for the new Impact Fund. Two of Dorothy’s grandchildren are graduates of AMHSI.
The Greater Boston Impact Fellowship was also made possible by a grant from The JNF Boruchin Israel Education and Advocacy Center.
Read the blog of the 2016 Impact Fellows.